Following this tutorial, I have put a little bit more detail to this base I have painted about two years ago. The leaves are not yet painted, they will get some nuances that will also be present in the viking's clothes. Hope you like it.
|I carefully chose the front side of the base.|
|I use this quite often, a great product from Vallejo.|
|Using a toothpick saves your brush from dying an uncomfortable death.|
|This takes about 15 minutes to dry. Coffee time...|
|After the sanding paste was dry, I put a thin layer of crackle paint on top |
and threw the base into the oven at 50 for 3 minutes.
|The result, I am satisfied with this.|
|The rough paintjob is done, now I have to go into detail.|
|First lights have been added by using more Vallejo Air Skin Tone. After this |
Mix, I should have used Bleached Bone....
|Soft folds get blendings, hard folds get NO blending, very important...|
|Current state of the miniature, the focus is quite clear.|
|Basic colours, codex grey for the beard|
|Base colour is Tanned Flesh + Bronzed Flesh (3:1) - the face is primed quite rough|
|First lights by adding more Bronzed Flesh, you can hardly see any difference|
|More Bronzed Flesh has been added, you start to see the "T"-line|
|Elf Flesh has been added to the mix, the lights are now very clear and you just follow the path|
|The lights are very strong now, to strong in fact. Don't care about that, you can change that later.|
|The lights are finished, the miniature looks more like a ghost at this stage.|
|This is quite a huge step in one picture, I glazed the face several times with |
the base tone. Then I painted the beard with a mix of Tanned Flesh and
Codex Grey (3:1). Then I painted red under the cheeks, green onto the temple
and several mixtures to darken the area next to the "T"-line.