Freitag, 7. Januar 2011

Great honour

A great artist, a real humble person and a very good friend of mine started sculpting a few years ago. Simon Modrow, you can find his blog here, has been a source of inspiration over the years for me. Among his latest sculpts are some awesome miniatures in 54mm, mostly inspired by the world of warhammer, but also mixed with historical elements.
During the last Duke of Bavaria we were joking and all of a sudden he asked me wether I am interested to paint one of his recent sculpts. I was, still am, truly honoured by this offer.
Today I would like to show you the latest wip shots of this miniature. It is a priest of Sigmar in 54mm and offers some really fine details. First I was a bit reluctant but finally I started painting this guy. I can't really tell you when this mini will be finished as I would like to paint at moments of highest motivation, which are a bit rare at the moment.
I will paint the armour in NMM, what might seem quite strange for this scale. Nevertheless I am satisfied with the first results.
Sorry for the bad quality of the pics. Let me know what you think.








Chris

3 Kommentare:

  1. ...Ahhh..the honour is mine! Can´t wait to see him finished! btw. the fat horse is finished....Thank´s for posting, si.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Wow, this is stunning. Both the sculpt and your painting are real great, that´s exactly how a Sigmar Priest should look like!
    Cheers
    Jan

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Stunning job from the beginning! Like it very much - both - sculpt and paintjob...

    AntwortenLöschen