Freitag, 20. Juli 2012

Miniature review: Art Gironas "Oficial de los Tercios Espanoles"

Original boxart, painted by Fernando Ruiz Ceano


I told you about my love of Latorre sculpts. In my opinion, he perfectly understands what a painter wants. His work leaves enough space for creativity concerning light, focus and overall impression. This mini is a very good example for his work.

The figure comes in the typical Art Girona box, I didn't take a picture of that. On top is a picture showing the mini from the front and back, on the backside of that picture card are some notes about the uniform colour in Spanish. Inside the box, you will find a very well packed miniature. Here is a picture of all components.




Typical for Latorre sculpts, the main body comes in one part with the head already attached. Seperate parts are the left and right arm, a short sword and the hat.




The sculpt itself shows a rather tall man, Latorres latest sculpts seem to have become a little bit bigger. The casting quality is on a very high level, the minor mold lines can easily be removed.





Something I have not seen on Art Girona sculpts before is the already attached pin and the pinhole. Saves a few minutes of extra work.





The only big problem is a huge gap between the cloack und the body. I tried to attach the cloack in different angles to the mini but this is the best result I got. Some putty will hopefully do it.






Dry-fitting the mini shows the great job Latorre has done. A very unique pose with many details.




Chris







3 Kommentare:

  1. Very informative post. Thanks for taking the time to share your view with us.phoenix painter

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Nice review on a great new miniature by Latorre. I totally agree, it is brilliant and I had to buy it the moment I first saw it.

    Indeed, it is a little bigger than his usual 54mm sculpts, but only this one. I have another miniature recently released by Art Girona, the Spanish Conquistador, which is quite petite.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Thanks guys.

    Leichtmatrose, you are right. :)

    AntwortenLöschen