Samstag, 31. August 2013

Space, the final frontier

Today I am very happy to present my latest finished project to you.  After months without any practice I am happy with the outcome of this miniature. It doesn't take itself that serious, at least I don't. It was meant to bring back the fun of painting into my life, something that was lost for quite some time now. I tried to put some kind of perpective into the base, unfortunately my cam doesn't manage to take decent pictures, everything seems to be blurry and shiny (due to flashlight).

Anyway, Kirk was great fun to paint. Again I used Airbrush for the global lights and shadows, before I went into detail with the normal brush and Vallejo Air Colours. Yellow is a very tricky colour to paint and it was my first try with it. I was worried about the combination of colours used on the miniature and the base but the final result is fine for me.

Hell, this REALLY was fun to paint, and I am looking for the reason. Maybe it is because this will most likely never see a contest. Maybe it is because the research about this topic was so much fun. I really don't know....However, I will try to keep this level of motivation up and start my next project during the next couple of days.

If you have any feedback on this miniature, I would be happy the read it.











Chris

7 Kommentare:

  1. Really great. Was Shatner really that muscular?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. always a pleasure to see a painted model from you christian! welcome back :) enjoy it for the pleasure of painting, forget the competitions, you are an accomplished painter already!! i've also stepped away from competitions in the last year,,,and am trying to find the fun in painting again. the base idea and execution are great, i love the black of the boots and the yellow too, the shading on the yellow is really nice! hopefully we will see more from you soon.

    Chris

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Very beautiful. What I do not understand is the preponderance of yellow on the black trousers. Where does the light come from?
    Apart from that one hell of a piece!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Very, very cool! I love the clean look and the effect on the background. Great work :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. It's Kirk, Chris, but not as we know him :D
    Very niiiice :P

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Hey Chris, Thank you so much for sharing this one with us. I simply like your version of James T.^^ The Background is amazing...Maybe you will share a little Tutorial some time? not to forget, Congratulations to your latest Mini-You. I now know what it means becoming a dad. I really hope to get into the hobby again in the near future. Best wishes to you and your family!
    Skyle

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Thanks a lot for yuor comments guys!!!

    @ Kraan: the light is meant to shine from above the miniature. Did I do something wrong?

    Chris

    AntwortenLöschen