Donnerstag, 17. März 2011

Kaptin Badrukk

As I needed a motivational boost to finally finish the Space Marine, I got into my car and went to the local GW store. I haven't been there for ages and instantly noticed that the prices for tin and paint are exorbitant. Nevertheless, I turned the store upside down and managed to find a nice "little" miniature, Kaptin Badrukk. I think this is the first Ork I have ever purchased and I can't wait to start painting, but first I HAVE to finish the Marine.

As I took a closer look at the mini, I thought it might be helpful to write a short review for people who think about buying this guy.


Unfortunately, the base hides most parts of the mini - for a reason...?
 I was quite sceptical when I first saw the blister, because the 40mm base hides most parts of the mini. as I have had quite unpleasant surprises with minis packed this way, I expected the worst. All the more surprising was the exeptionless high quality of the cast. The body and the gigantic weapon come in one heavy piece and show great sculpting skills. The sheer amount of details is mind-blowing and will take me about a gazillion years to paint.





There are hardly any mold lines or bubbles visible, some layers of thinned Miliput should do a good job. The face, sword and banner pole come as separate parts and show a level of detail that I am only used from forgeworld casts.




Last but not least, a music video I came upon today. Amazing performance by a man who loves what he does.





Chris

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen