Dienstag, 3. April 2012

Live painting update aka Nork Deddog


(WIP - Nork Deddog)

I can't sculpt, as I don't seem to understand proportions. Therefore, I sometimes convert miniatures and try to give them an unique expression. This time, I chose a random Ogryn from GW and converted it in two days. Stupid as I am, I fogot to take a picture before I primed the mini. However, this guy will be the victim during the live painting tomorrow (click for more information). This will also be the first painting session in the new flat.

Converting an Ogryn to an unique character is my dream ever since I have seen Banshees Ogryn versions. He managed to make them look "lovely" in a way only an Ogryn can look. Not just a stupid, brawny source of death, but a living creature.

I chose the character "Nork Deddog", by far the most famous Ogryn in the 40k universe. I will give some more background information and post his hilarious statements tomorrow during the live painting. For me, this is one of the funniest persons in the rather dark world of Warhammer 40k. Let's hope my painted version will do justice to this "highly intelligent" version of an Ogryn. To see what I changed, go here.

This will also be my 40k Moster entry for this years Golden Demon in Cologne. Depending on how fast I manage to paint the figure, I will also show the process of building the jungle base.

See you tomorrow in the morning!!!



Chris

1 Kommentar: