Freitag, 26. August 2011

Live painting, update #9: drought soil

What a strange morning this was. Yesterday in the evening I still thought about the base and decided to do some sort of dry soil, maybe a riverbed. As I ordered Distress Crackle Paint some weeks ago, I finally wanted to try it. As I never worked with it before, I had to try different sorts of drying, applying and thinning. That took me about 3 hours this morning, so I didn't paint anything on the miniature itself. However, I managed to create a base that seems ok for me. I will add some dry wood and the soldiers gun and that is it. Very simple but not just sand....

Here is the wip, I forgot to take a picture of the Distress Crackle Paint that was put on the base after the Vallejo Sanding Paste had dried. Sorry for that...



I carefully chose the front side of the base.



I use this quite often, a great product from Vallejo.


Using a toothpick saves your brush from dying an uncomfortable death.


This takes about 15 minutes to dry. Coffee time...


After the sanding paste was dry, I put a thin layer of crackle paint on top
and threw the base into the oven at 50 for 3 minutes.



The result, I am satisfied with this.



The rough paintjob is done, now I have to go into detail.



Chris

Kommentare: